//FRIENDS & FAMILY
If You Are Supporting Someone in Grief
Grief is a unique journey, and no grief experience is identical. It can be painful, confusing, and can have its own timetable. As a friend, colleague, or loved one, you can play an important role in providing support to someone in grief.
If you are supporting an adult who has lost a loved one, it can be helpful to:
- Learn about grief, so that you can provide important information and feedback
- Listen without judgment
- Suggest services and resources that might help them process their thoughts and feelings
- Understand if your offer of help is not accepted
- Recognize the normal symptoms of grief, and look for signs that they need additional help
- Respect that each grief journey is unique, and each individual will express their grief differently
SERVICES // resources for supporters
Become a Peer-to-Peer Counselor
If you have personal experience with grief and want to support others, consider applying.
Learn more about the process of grief and how to support those around you.
Discover blogs, books, and other tools that will help you offer support to the bereaved.
Consider making a tax-deductible donation to support our mission.
UPCOMING // events
Grieve Well: Understanding Grief
Tuesday, July 18 @ 7:00p
Learn about grief and the effects it has on one’s physical and emotional health. Receive information and resources to help you navigate your grief journey in a way that leads toward healing.
STORY // how we helped
“The peer-to-peer counseling provided me a set time each week to talk through my emotions and experiences with someone who understood what I was going through. Having the support of another person during tougher times like anniversaries and holidays was so helpful to me during my grief journey.”
SOCIAL MEDIA // stay connected
- about 3 weeks agoGrateful to have been featured on the Lucy Ann Lance show on today! Check back for a recap and updates! https://t.co/78yYMwWPEq
- about 3 weeks agoTaste the good times with us on June 17 th at our first annual GrieveWell Kite Festival! Thanks to our presenting sponsor @DominosAnnArbor!
Follow us online:
Sign up for our email list.