Become a Peer Counselor
We are always searching for kind individuals who have traveled their own grief journeys and feel acclimated to their losses.
GrieveWell welcomes volunteers who would like to support others through the grief process. We welcome all loss types, but are especially in need of peer support volunteers in the following areas: Spouse Loss, LGBT and Heterosexual Partner Loss, Sibling Loss, Child Loss, Suicide Loss, and Pet Loss.
Basic Requirements to Serve as a Peer Counselor:
- Commit to being a volunteer for a minimum of one year
- Agree to meet with at least one client during that time
- Participate in one 12-hour, two-day initial training workshop
- Attend monthly continuing education/case review meetings
- Agree to a background check
We also welcome individuals who may be interested in helping with routine office work, special projects, and events.
Complete our application form below. If you wish to complete it manually, download the form here, then fill it out and return it to us via email, fax, or mail. If you need help, call 734-975-0238.
DONATE // support our mission
Learn more about the lives we touch and how your contribution can help build a community of hope & healing.
SOCIAL MEDIA // stay connected
- about 3 weeks agoGrateful to have been featured on the Lucy Ann Lance show on today! Check back for a recap and updates! https://t.co/78yYMwWPEq
- about 3 weeks agoTaste the good times with us on June 17 th at our first annual GrieveWell Kite Festival! Thanks to our presenting sponsor @DominosAnnArbor!
Follow us online:
Sign up for our email list.