Grief is a Journey.
Each grief journey is unique. Yet there are ways to move through a grief journey and toward a full, healthy life. If you or someone you love has lost a loved one, the following resources can answer some of the basic questions you may have about grief, and will help you understand grief and learn ways to care for yourself while grieving.
- Grief and Holidays (.docx)
- Grief Styles (.docx)
- Helping a Friend in Grief (.docx)
- Helping Your Family Cope When a Pet Dies (.docx)
- Helping Yourself Heal When a Parent Dies (.docx)
- Helping Yourself Heal When Someone Dies (.docx)
- Helping Yourself Heal When Your Child Dies (.docx)
- Helping Yourself Heal When Your Spouse Dies (.docx)
- Holidays while grieving (.docx)
- Mourner’s Bill of Rights (.docx)
- Myths about Grief (.docx)
- Normal Symptoms of Grief and Stress (.docx)
- Self-Care Tips (.docx)
- Self-Care (.docx)
- Wolfelt’s Mourner’s Bill of Rights (.pdf)
A Grief Observed
C. S. Lewis
May I Hate God?
A Broken Heart Still Beats: After Your Child Dies
by Anne McCracken
Beyond Grief: A Guide for Recovering from the Death of a Loved One
by Carol Staudacher
How To Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies
Therese A. Rando
A Decembered Grief: Living with Loss While Others are Celebrating
Harold Ivan Smith
Good Grief: 50th Anniversary Edition
Granger E. Westberg
Learning to Say Good-By: When a Child’s Parent Dies
Eda J. LeShan
Tear Soup: A Recipe for Healing After Loss
A Patch of Comfort
DONATE // support our mission
Learn more about the lives we touch and how your contribution can help build a community of hope & healing.
SOCIAL MEDIA // stay connected
- about 3 weeks agoGrateful to have been featured on the Lucy Ann Lance show on today! Check back for a recap and updates! https://t.co/78yYMwWPEq
- about 3 weeks agoTaste the good times with us on June 17 th at our first annual GrieveWell Kite Festival! Thanks to our presenting sponsor @DominosAnnArbor!
Follow us online:
Sign up for our email list.